Relax… Simple & Accurate Window Quotes
It’s 2017. Driverless cars are almost a thing. TVs produce images as clearly as real life. And you can use a smart phone app to get a pizza delivered directly to your house. Considering all these modern advancements, don’t you think it’s strange that getting a quote on vinyl replacement windows (whether you’re in Des Moines, IA or Honolulu, HI) is still feels so… ancient?
If you’ve already received quotes on replacing your windows, you know what we mean. Slick-talking, arm-twisting salesmen. Pricing games and phony discounts (“buy today and save 10%!”). Quotes that don’t cover the entire project cost. In-home sales appointments that stretch to three-plus hours.
Times may have changed. But the window-buying process is still stuck in the 1950s.
That’s why at Zen Windows Des Moines, we have developed an entirely new, homeowner-friendly quote process for windows.
- Instead of coming to your home for an appointment, we offer down-to-the-penny quote through phone and email.
- Instead of using sales pressure, we educate. Instead of inflated prices and phony discounts, we keep our overhead to a minimum to ensure you the best value.
- Instead of requiring money up front, we don’t accept a dime until the project is done to YOUR satisfaction.
If you’d like us to give you a quote on top-quality vinyl replacement windows, fill out the quote request form below by clicking here…
…But before you do that, read the rest of this page—it will provide you with vital information on how to navigate the quote process and what to look for in good vinyl replacement windows. We believe it’s wise for you to go into a quote armed with as much knowledge as possible, so you can get the best project possible.
What Des Moines Homeowners Should Demand From A Vinyl Replacement Window Quote
Don’t let any window company make you think differently: As the homeowner, YOU are in control of your replacement window project. This includes the quote process. Here is what you should insist on from any window company providing you with a quote.
There are many, many product choices for vinyl window replacement. And it can be hard for homeowners to sort through them all. It’s important that a company educates you on the best solution for YOUR specific situation and budget.
Everyone leads busy lives. Most people don’t have two to four hours to spare during the week. That’s why scheduling a time for an in-home window sales appointment is so frustrating. Today’s homeowner should go with a window company that is considerate of his or her time and personal space
Vinyl window quotes should be firm and accurate. Make sure a company gives you an itemized estimate that includes cost of materials, installation, obstruction removal, trim work, upgrades, extra options, and clean up.
A reputable replacement window company should provide you with their credentials if you ask. These credentials should include customer references, job photos, liability insurance, and proper licenses.
NO Pressure (None!).
If you feel that a window salesperson is pressuring you, don’t be afraid to show them the door. A window company that pressures you is a window company that doesn’t respect you. You don’t deserve that!
This might seem like a given; however some companies sell what are called “builder-grade” vinyl windows. These windows usually have durability issues, bare-bones warranties, and a “boxy” look. To ensure you’re getting quality, ask to see product brochures, reviews, and specifications during the quote.
A Fair Price.
Be careful not to spend too much—or too little—on vinyl replacement windows. If a company quotes you $1,000 to install a vinyl replacement window, they are inflating their prices. If a company quotes $400 or lower, they are likely installing “builder-grade” windows (see #6 above). Depending on the features you choose (type of glass, frame insulation, etc.), you want to stay somewhere in the middle of those price ranges to ensure you get quality without overpaying. If you have a fixed budget, ask about financing. Good companies will offer you flexible financing options.
What Des Moines Homeowners Want In A Vinyl Replacement Window
Of course, a stress-free quote isn’t enough to ensure a great project. If the windows—or installers, for that matter—are subpar, an easy quote means nothing. Unfortunately, it’s hard to tell good vinyl windows from bad ones just by looking. With that in mind, we’ve put together the following information about what to look for in a quality vinyl replacement window.
- Great Looks. You naturally want your new windows to look good and enhance your home’s curb appeal. The good news is that vinyl windows have made great aesthetic strides in the past decade. Many of today’s lines of vinyl windows offer a large variety of color and style options and have eliminated that “boxy” look vinyl windows used to have. If you have trouble choosing the right look for your home, a good contractor will be more than happy to help you.
- Energy Efficiency. An energy efficient vinyl replacement window can greatly reduce your energy costs and keep your home more comfortable. For the Des Moines client, Energy Star recommends the following energy ratings for windows:
- A U-factor of 0.27 or less (any SHGC is allowed) or
- A U-factor of 0.28 AND an SHGC of 0.32 or more or
- A U-factor of 0.29 AND an SHGC of 0.37 or more or
- A U-factor of 0.30 AND an SHGC of 0.42 or more
- Durability. Unlike wood windows, vinyl windows will not warp, peel, or flake. That said, some vinyl windows are stronger than others. When you’re choosing vinyl windows, be sure to look at the warranty. If you want the most durable frame, choose a window made of UPVC (unplasticized vinyl). UPVC is stronger than regular PVC, so it stands up to the elements better. The best vinyl windows will also come with lifetime product warranties (and the best installers will offer a lifetime labor warranties).
- Easy Operation. Good vinyl windows are easy to operate. They will effortlessly open, close, slide and perform… and will do so for a long, long time. Hinges, lift rails, and frame all contribute to a vinyl window’s ease of operation. Don’t be afraid to ask the company giving you a quote to provide you with a demonstration of any window you’re considering.
- Low Maintenance. Vinyl replacement windows do not require painting, staining, or scraping. They also do not rot or become damaged by moisture. The only upkeep involves the occasional wipe down with a cleaner (see your windows’ product manual for specific instructions). And since many of today’s vinyl replacement windows feature a tilt-in sash, you can clean the exterior glass from inside your house.
- Added Value. A recent national survey determined that quality vinyl replacement windows are one of the best projects for adding value to your home. Vinyl windows offer a better ROI than wood windows, siding replacement, and even kitchen remodeling.
How We Offer Zero-Stress Emailed Quotes On Superior Vinyl Replacement Windows In Des Moines
At Zen Windows Des Moines, we’ve brought buying replacement windows into the 21st century. We’ve eliminated in-home sales appointments; you simply provide us with a little information about your home and project and we schedule a quick assessment call. After the call, we email you a firm quote on superior vinyl windows within 24 hours. We’ll also provide you with in-depth information about our windows, process, and company to allow you to make the most informed decision about your project. No pressure whatsoever!
Want to learn more about our replacement windows? Head on over to the Replacement Windows section, and be sure to check out our replacement windows gallery for a closer look at our windows on our Des Moines customers’ homes.
To Get a FREE, No-Hassle, Zero-Pressure Estimate on replacement windows, fill out the form below: